The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) strives to improve the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research. It further aims to promote equity, career development and progression. The organisation prides itself on three core values: being pioneering, striving for excellence and working collaboratively.
The SAMRC retains the right not to make an appointment. Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
Senior Scientist (Seasoned)
(Strengthening Health System’s Capacity for Linkage to Care for AGYW and men project (SHeS’Cap)
12-month full time contract
Burden of Disease Research Unit
|22 November 2019|
The South African Medical Research Council’s Burden of Disease Research Unit seeks to appoint an experienced Senior Scientist (Seasoned). The post, based in Cape Town (Head office), will be responsible for overseeing proper administration of the Strengthening Health System’s Capacity for Linkage to Care (SHeS’Cap) for AGYW and men project in the uMgungundlovu district, KZN.
The aim of this multi-year project is to conduct implementation science to evaluate and promote the systematic uptake of evidence-based practices for improving linkage to care among AGYW and men into the health service and to strengthen the availability of pertinent health information required to improve linkage to care at the district level.
- Advance working knowledge in both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Fluency in English
- Professional written communication and presentation skills
- Relevant workplace numeric and multiple project management ability
- Advanced analytical ability and problem solving acumen
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office packages and project management tools
- Pro-active, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, adaptive and innovative
- Ability to work independently whilst still working effectively and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team especially over periods of irregular hours.
A salary in the region of R749 401 per annum, total cost-to-company.
In accordance with the SAMRC’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups. For this reason, we require race, gender and disability status to be specified. Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
|PLEASE QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER (R289A) IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS|
|Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://forms.gle/Xbt5rYwuBmVnmi147|